How do I use an IP proxy for dial-up
2021-09-26 16:45:391518浏览 · 0收藏 · 0评论
Many businesses require users to connect to the Internet through proxy servers. Companies use proxy servers to handle requests for web pages and applications from internal networks to computers on the Internet.
1. Connect the RJ-11 phone line to the modem port and phone jack or splitter on your laptop.
2. Click Start, and then Click Control Panel. Click Networking and Internet, and then Network and Sharing Center.
3. Click Set new Connection or Network. In the new window, click Set up dial-up Modem Connection, and then click Next.
4. In the Dial modem Number field, enter the dial-up number of the Internet service provider. Enter your username and password in the appropriate fields. If you want to avoid entering a password every time you connect to the Internet using a dial-up connection, click and enable the Remember This Password option.
5. In the Connection Name field, enter a descriptive name for the dial-up connection and click Connect. Windows dials the access number and establishes a dial-up connection. Click the Disconnect button to close the connection. Click Close to close the dial-up connection window.